Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Turquoise Blues

I have always loved the combination of turquoise, gold and diamonds and lately I've been noticing a lot of  Turquoise  in the shelter magazines and blogs I've been perusing....

In fact, turquoise was deemed the color of the year  for 2010 by Pantone


Here is a collage of  images I have pinned from the web along the way:



 Starting from the top left photo going clockwise:
  1. Cupcakes by Faircake photographed by Shikita Singh
  2. Door  photographed by Manda via House of Turquoise
  3. Globes photographed by rauter25
  4. Polka dot vase via http://www.boligliv.dk
  5. Spools of Thread photographed by lupin of the blog  bugs and fishes
  6. Interior by Emma Lee via House of Turquoise
  7. Interior by Emma Lee
  8. Flowers by Eva Vae via Flickr

Thanks to all the photographers for approving the use of their photos on my blog!

Next post... finding some turquoise in my life.....  Have you been noticing any in your  daily travels?

And another thing....  What color will Pantone deem as the color of the year for 2011?  We have to wait another month to find out!







11 comments :

  1. I found you on “Blogging Your Way”. What a lovely site. Turquoise is a great color. Can't wait to see what the color of the year will be for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love turq. Beautiful with so many colors. it is the accent in all my rooms.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I love this post. One of my favorite colors for decorating is turquoise. I love to paint ceilings that deep color. It's radical but traditional at the same time and works with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love turquoise as well... specially in summer!
    earrings with turquoise are a big love too ...

    happy week end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog and its absolutely beautiful!!!!

    May I kindly ask what colours you are using to make your sunshine day blanket as I'd like to perhaps make one too!!!! (at the moment I'm making a ripple blanket using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino - you can take a look if you like at www.crochetandcookbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I kindly ask what colours you are using for your sunshine day blanket??? Sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Renee and Tom,
    Thanks so much for your interest and the compliment! Now that you mention it maybe I should post a list of all the colors? I've used several brands but the one I like best is the cashmerino yarn by Debbie Bliss. It's a great weight and the colors are so beautiful. I'll send you an email as soon as I post the list.
    Thanks again!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heart turquoise! Such a fun color :) This photo montage is great -- I really love the blue rimmed window. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart turquoise! Such a fun color :) This photo montage is great -- I really love the blue rimmed window. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love turquoise as well... specially in summer!
    earrings with turquoise are a big love too ...

    happy week end!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you on “Blogging Your Way”. What a lovely site. Turquoise is a great color. Can't wait to see what the color of the year will be for 2011.

    ReplyDelete