Thursday, August 2, 2012

Strawberry Fields,

I've been AWOL on my blog for the past too many months but I'm getting back on the blog trail.... and here 's the latest....

Strawberries turn up in the funniest places:

Strawberry Banke Museum
But you can also find them in your own backyard... Not exactly my  backyard but Long Island in the Hamptons!





little hands holding little strawberries...

Confession: These photos were taken last summer and somehow never made it to the blog.  I missed picking season this summer but I'm determined to catch it next summer!!

  I plan on making a pectin-free version of strawberry jam using the recipe from the book Blue Chair Jam Cookbook by Rachel Saunders.   I had some of her jam at Tiny's Restaurant and it was honestly the best tasting jam...

Nothing prettier than a strawberry patch....

No comments :

Post a Comment