Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alexander McQ




I found this photo (bottom image ) on  pinterest and traced it back to the fun blog iiiinspired and couldn't resist sharing!
First the as an illustration:
Illustration by eri the mermaid*



 Now for the real thing:

Jacket by Alexander McQueen, Photo by David Slijper via iiiinspired.blogspot.com




































Gorgeous right?  My life right now is soooooo far from Fashion but this is too beautiful to resist.  Alexander McQueen recently died, taking his own life.  Apparently he led a tortured existence but was a brilliant designer.   Genius and Depression are so closed linked and I guess always have been.  Too bad his work couldn't buoy him through it....

I couldn't post linkbelow the fashion illustration for eri the mermaid but you can find it here: *http://erithemermaid.blogspot.com/search/label/alexander%20mcqueen

4 comments :

  1. Amazing. Love that illustration. I wish I could make something like this myself... but this one is SO pretty. Great find by the way ;)))
    Wish you a lovely FRIDAY ;))))

    xoxo,
    radostina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet love of Buddha, that is gorgeous! What a great find! Thanks for sharing
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SLF-Knew you'd love it!!
    xo Suzanne

    Rodastina,
    Thanks for checking out my blog!! Love yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SLF-Knew you'd love it!!
    xo Suzanne

    Rodastina,
    Thanks for checking out my blog!! Love yours too!

    ReplyDelete