Friday, November 11, 2011

Crafting Ideas for the Holidays [ hosted by the Martha Stewart Family Blog and Pins and Needles NYC !!!!]

Blogging is like having children.... You get to meet lots of interesting people that you may have never met otherwise.

One such person is Rachel Low , owner of Pins and Needles.   We met last year thanks to another blogger who suggested I visit her new shop and to say hello to Rachel. We've kept in touch since then and Rachel invited me to a holiday crafting event in her store she co-hosted with the people at Martha Stewart's Family Blog.

I didn't know what to expect but I knew it would be fun and Rachel's store is the perfect fit for Martha Stewart!

As soon as I reached the landing I could hear the store humming with activity.  Young and old were working away at their various crafts:


 Notions and potions:


Various stations were set-up to make cards, gift tags, ornaments and colorful barrettes .  Here's a sampling :
“Photo by Mike Krautter. Courtesy of Martha Stewart’s “Living in the Family Room” Blog.”

“Photo by Mike Krautter. Courtesy of Martha Stewart’s “Living in the Family Room” Blog.”
“Photo by Mike Krautter. Courtesy of Martha Stewart’s “Living in the Family Room” Blog.”
 I'm definitely going to make these crafts with my kids and their friends sometime before the holidays.
If you'd like to add these projects to your to-do list be sure to check out the how-to's at the following links:  (all thanks to the Martha Stewart Family blog)

Button Cards, Button Barrettes, Felt Bags, Ginger bread people and felt/chalkboard tags and  ornaments

 Just a few more pics... I love craft supplies!!



And while I was there I  munched on some lovely cookies provided by Elenis Cookies while checking out  the books for sale at Pins and Needles.


I couldn't leave without checking out Martha's new book Holiday Crafts which is on my to-buy list now.    On the way out we all were treated to a dream (at least my dream)  goodie bag.  It was fun for a change to leave with a party favor for moi instead of my kids.  The people at Martha Stewart stuffed the adorable polka-dot "Pins and Needles" bags with Crafting supplies and the new "Special Collector's Edition" of the Holiday Handbook:




And last but not least it was so great to meet  Darcy Miller, Editorial Director of Martha Stewart Weddings,   Jenn Andrlik, Crafts and Holidays Editor, MarthaStewart.com, and all the other friendly and creative people from Martha Stewart.

And as a P.S.:
This is a photo of me with Darcy Miller (on the left).  Couldn't resist asking for a photo of us together. If you don't know her you should.  Check out Darcy's website.to see what she is up to as writer, editor, illustrator and more. Check out  her scrapboxing and how you can do it too.  It was so fun meeting her and getting to chat a bit about kids, crafting and work.  She makes it all look easy!


Have fun making your crafts and be sure to check out the Martha Stewart family blog for lots more ideas .   And if you live in NYC or are just here for a visit I highly recommend a visit to the Pins and Needles store on the Upper East Side in New York !!  If you are geographically challenged you can visit her blog and check out her online shop as well

Thanks so much Rachel for including me!!   I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!
xo CP

No comments :

Post a Comment