Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Is this of Pinterest to you?

go to www.Pinterest.com where the boards are much bigger and fun to look at!!

This is a pretty cool new website I discovered.  A couple guys in California came up with this great idea of creating your own inspirational  or mood"boards"  as they are called in the industry.   It's a kind of visual cork board out in cyberspace.  The name of their venture is  Pinterest and it's definitely pinteresting!  The idea is that no matter where you are on the web you can "pin" any image onto your "boards" you've created on Pinterest.   They've made it super easy by offering a marklet that you add to your toolbar...  Take a look at my mood boards if this is of pinterest to you :-)

  It's also possible to see other pinner's pins and "repin" them on to your own boards.  Pretty cool .  A lot less paper mess compared to tearing sheets out of magazines. And tons of people with good taste!!!    I can't remember how I got on but at the moment it's in beta so I think you have to be invited.  If you'd like to do some of your own pinning then send me your email address and I'll invite you to be a member.   They are open to suggestions too. I've sent the guys several emails and they've gotten right back to me.

It's a fun way to just dream of things you'd like to see everyday or to actually plan a new way to re-do a bedroom or a patio or your wardrobe.

The Pinabilities are endless!!! 

OK I've used enough of that pin word all over the place.... Have a pintastic day (can't help myself)   and I'd love to hear how you plan on using this latest from the web

5 comments :

  1. Oooh, I'll have to check it out! I love word play as you could tell from my OM post and many others I've done, so I enjoyed yours on this post. I like your site! Hugs, Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spent ages looking through the great images on pinterest...
    Thank you for sharing this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margie and Debbie. I can't wait for them to add more features.
    Thanks for checking out my post! xo
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just signed up for this and am so excited to start playing around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I'll have to check it out! I love word play as you could tell from my OM post and many others I've done, so I enjoyed yours on this post. I like your site! Hugs, Margie

    ReplyDelete