Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Central Park Police Station

We have recently moved uptown so for the first time I get to visit Central Park on a regular basis.
I've always been curious about the Police Station that is on the 86th Street Transverse.  Here are some random shots along the way: 

Former Stables



sidewalk on way to entrance


From inside the courtyard



















I wish I had been able to take pictures of the renovation I saw on the inside of the courtyard. Lots of glass so you could see all the architectural detail of the former building all the while adding more space. It was such a quiet police station.

Through the trees

On the way home towards the reservoir



It was all definitely worth the walk-by so if looking for something architecturally interesting this is one place not to miss!

No comments :

Post a Comment