Thursday, March 31, 2011

Practicing Still-life Photography

It's the last day of March and I had to get in a last posting since I was so distracted this month and really ignored my blog.  I took our kiddles to Michigan for a family visit and I took a little time to set up some still- life 's.  Here are some of my favorites:
birdhouse and fern 

In case you are wondering the plant at the upper right is a fern. I haven't been able to find out the species  of fern but the dots are spores which are visible at certain periods of the fern's life cycle.
Picnik collage

















These were things around my parents house. You know how some people's houses are a photo opp waiting to happen well that isn't quite the case at my parents house... but there is always a still-life opp as long as you can ignore the stuff going on in the background.  They are big collectors and live in a beautiful old farmhouse- actually two that were fused together in the 20's.

Later I decided to try to make my own still life by scrounging around in my Dad's closet of "crap" (one of many closets) We have "craps" drawers and closets- always something beautiful to be found just gotta look for it amid all the crap!!!

I found some porcelain flowers , a gently- torn vintage fan, some pieces of a watch and a piece of linen with the help of my Pop.  (That's Glen Michaels- check out his new website)


DSCN9487 copy

DSCN9488

DSCN9480

I'm toying with the idea of changing my banner to one of these last 2 photos... We'll see. Any opinions from the peanut gallery? Would love to hear from you!!

No comments :

Post a Comment